Protect Your Company
The MISonline Enterprise Security Certificate addresses top IT concerns with courses designed specifically for information security professionals both within industry and government.
Through a web-delivered program supported by our world-class faculty, students will gain the critical knowledge that is needed to secure information and information systems in the areas of confidentiality, integrity and availability.
The certificate leverages The MIS department’s designation, by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security, as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAE-IAE).
Upon successful completion of three courses students can receive:
- The Graduate Certificate in Enterprise Information Security, from The University of Arizona’s Graduate College (for-credit earning student status only. NOTE students will NOT receive a paper certificate, but credit will be recorded on your transcripts)
- The National Security Agency’s (NSA) Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) certificates including
- CNSS 4011 – Information Systems Security Professionals
- CNSS 4012 – Senior Systems Managers
- CNSS 4016 – Risk Analyst
- CNSS 4013 - Systems Administration
- The MIS Departmental Enterprise Security Certificate
- CPE units for CISSP, ISSAP, ISSEP, ISSMP, CAP and SSCP designation(s). These designations are offered by (ISC)².
- CPE units for CISM and CRISC designations which are offered by ISACA.
- One year of qualified work experience towards the Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM®) designation.**
Courses in the certificate include
|Course Title||Additional Certificate(s) Earned|
|Enterprise Security Certificate Courses - Each course is three (3) credits each.|
|Information Security in the Public and Private Sectors (MIS 515)||CNSS 4011 - Information Systems Security Professionals & CNSS 4012 - Senior Systems Managers|
|Information Security Risk Management (MIS 516)||CNSS 4016 - Risk Analyst|
|Systems Security Management (MIS 517)||CNSS 4013 - System Administrators|
*As of June 2014 our designation has been extended to an additional seven years as a National Center of Excellence in Information Assurance Education.
**As of 17 May 2012, the University of Arizona, Department of Management Information Systems, Eller College of Management, Security Graduate Certificate as submitted to ISACA was found to be in alignment with the ISACA® Model Curriculum for Information Security Management, 2nd Edition. Graduates of this program qualify for one year work experience toward the Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM®) designation.
For additional information, please contact us.